There are many reasons why you may wish to access your save game files in No Man’s Sky, these may include:
- Creating a backup in case your saves are corrupted, or to return to at a later point in time
- Sharing save files with friends, so that they can play on your save
- Transferring saves to a new or different computer, so that you can keep your progress
Regardless of your reasons for needing to access your NMS saves, you can find them at this folder:
Inside this folder, there will be a folder named DefaultUser or st_ followed by some numbers. Inside these, you can find your saves. If you’re not sure which save is which, look at the last modified date (the last modified date will be the same as the last time you saved your game).
If you need help accessing the above path, just follow these steps:
- Open a Run window – you can do this by pressing WINDOWS + R or right clicking the start menu button (bottom left hand corner of your screen) and clicking Run
- Paste %AppData%\HelloGames\NMS into the text field
- Click OK
- That’s it!